Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
Looking for a new margarita recipe to wow your taste buds? This Jalapeno Margarita recipe is delicious and mild enough for everyone to enjoy. It uses fresh jalapenos and fresh ingredients, which blend together to create something truly magical and unique.
The best part of this recipe is that it's a skinny recipe. So not only does the jalapeno margarita recipe taste amazing, but it also is healthy.
Jalapeno Margarita Ingredients
Besides the typical ingredients in margaritas, like tequila and lime juice, there are only two key ingredients to the jalapeno margarita.
- Jalapenos: For this recipe, we muddled two large green jalapenos. However, if you have the patience to wait a few days, you can actually infuse your tequila with jalapenos. Deseed the jalapenos and slice them horizontally, so the pieces are circular. You can either slip them into the bottle of tequila itself or add tequila and the jalapeno slices into a separate container. Allow the combination to sit for two to three days.
- Honey: The honey is used as a contrast against the jalapenos' spicy properties to balance the drink's flavor and spice. In addition, honey can easily be substituted for agave nectar or simple syrup.
How To Make Jalapeno Margarita
Preparing both serving sizes of the jalapeno margarita takes between five to ten minutes, and it's so easy to make that you won't even break a sweat!
Single Serving - Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
This version of the recipe makes two servings, which you can easily enjoy or share with a friend.
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 large green jalapeno pepper
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 2 sprigs cilantro to garnish, optional
Typically, the rims of margarita glasses are coated lightly with salt; for this recipe, the salt compliments the spiciness of the drink beautifully. Before mixing the drinks, slightly coat the rim of the margarita glasses with lime juice by running a wedge of lime around it and dipping it into the salt.
Deseed the jalapeno and cut it into circular pieces. In a separate glass, muddle the jalapeno slices with the lime juice. If you want your margarita to have an extra kick, muddle the slices with the seeds.
Next, add the tequila and the honey and begin stirring to combine thoroughly. Place ice cubes into the margarita glass and either strain the jalapeno slices from the drink or leave the jalapenos in. Then garnish with cilantro and lime wedges before enjoying.
Pitcher Serving - Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
Looking to dazzle your friends and family with this flavorful recipe? This version of the Jalapeno Margarita recipe produces eight servings.
- 4 cups of fresh lime juice
- 4 large green jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups of silver tequila
- 4 tbsp of salt
- 8 tbsp of honey
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 8 sprigs of cilantro for garnish, optional
Prepare your margarita glasses ahead of time by running a wedge of lime along the edges and coating them with salt.
Deseed all four of the jalapeno peppers before slicing them into circles. At the bottom of a pitcher, muddle together the jalapeno slices and lime juice.
Add the honey and tequila into the mix and stir until the honey has dissolved. Add a small scoop of ice into each of the prepared glasses and pour in the jalapeno margarita mix. Either strain out the jalapeno slices or leave them in for your guests to enjoy.
Alternate Margarita Recipes
Can't get enough of margaritas? Well, good thing there are so many alternate margarita recipes! Here are a few to try.
- Strawberry Margarita
- Classic Margarita
- Mango Margarita
Jalapeno Margarita FAQ
How spicy is the jalapeno margarita?
It really depends on your spice tolerance. The spice only adds a slight kick to the drink; the jalapeno is much less spicy because all of the seeds have been removed beforehand.
Can I use other types of peppers?
Of course, you can! If you prefer a drink with a stronger kick, you can use hotter peppers.